By

Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly

 

 

 

 

 

Translated by

E. A. Nassir

 

 

 

 

 

Picture of Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly

 

The late the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible,

in his elderly, with his mark (: the mole: the seal) on his right cheek

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

List of Contents

Picture of Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly 

Preface by the translator

Forward to the first and second editions

Introduction

First Part: The Formation of Objects

The sky (or heaven)

The heavens

1- The gaseous heavens

The natural gas

2- The ethereal heavens

The ether

The Throne

3- The material heavens

Diagram 1 the Sun and its planets

Note

Definition

Conversation with the author

The Planets (The Wandering Stars)

-The day and year of the planet

-The planets have satellites and moons

-The atmosphere of the planets

-The light and temperature on the planets

-Distance of the planets from the sun by millions of miles

-The planets are inhabited

[The mistake of Astronomers about Pluto]

[The mistake of Astronomers about the Asteroids 1]

-Formation of the planets

[The First Commandment]

-Formation of the earth

[The Mistake of Astronomers and Geologists about the Origin of Earth]

The gravity

 

-Cause of the gravity

-Proving that the gravity is because of the heat

The repelling force

- Diagram 2 (the roundabout)

The movement of objects

-the reason for the revolution of the planets around the sun

-why the planets take different time to orbit the sun

-why the planet is near or far from the sun

- Diagram 3 (illustrating that the repelling force repels the big object more than the small)

-the reason for the rotation of the earth around itself

Moons and their formation

-the appearances of the moon

- Diagram 4 (the moon in the third night of the month)

-phases of the moon

- Diagram 5 (phases of the moon)

The journey to the moon

The mistake of Astronomers about Moon

Diagram 6 (a father playing with his child)

The journey to Venus is dangerous

The journey to Mars is successful

The emigration to Mars

Comment [about the Mars images]

An anticipated meeting between the inhabitants of Earth and the inhabitants of some other planets

The asteroids

[The mistake of Astronomers about the Asteroids 2]

The eclipses

Meteorites

Murchison meteorite

Mountains

Life is transmittable (or migrant)

[The creation of Adam and Eve]

[The four human races]

Meteors

 

The earthquake and cleavage

The Earthquake Disaster of Italy

Volcanoes

Michoacán Volcano [or Paricutin Volcano]

Sun

Comets

The Day when the Comet struck the Earth Surface

[A. Comet of the Eastern American Beach]

[B. The Comet of Tunguska in Siberia]

[C. The Comet of Arizona]

Stars

- [The pairedness (or coupling) of stars ]

- The age of stars

A rule for celestial objects

[The Wrong Calculations of Astronomers Concerning Mars]

[The Wrong Calculations of Astronomers Concerning Jupiter]

The day and night

- [A miracle of the Quran: the authentic word of God]

The rain

The snow

The hailstone

-The Lightning of the Cloud

The tide

[The mistake of Astronomers about the tide]

Diagram 7 (The Tide and the Ebb)

Springs

Hot Springs

Second Part: The Destruction and Dispersion of Objects

Destruction and dispersion of celestial objects

The standstill of the earth

How the planets will stand still

Diagram explains the planets stopping their spinning

Sunspots

[Mercury Has Stopped Its Axial Rotation]

The world that is burning (or The Burnt World)

[Venus Has Stopped Its Axial Rotation]

The earth approaches the sun

- [A scientific miracle of the Quran: inventing the airplane]

The plant will burn and rivers will dry up

The Fixation of Moon

The Fission of Moon into two halves

The meteorites will move towards the sun

The sky will be upset

Repentance will not be accepted on that day

The portents that will come on that day

The Awaited Mahdi

Falling of the comets down upon the earth

[The Oath or Swearing in the Quran]

The sun will burst

The sky will be filled with fire and smoke

The blowing in the Horn

The earthquake [of Doomsday]

The planets will break up

Comment by the translator: about the incidents of the Last Day

Mountains will be dispersed

The sky will be cleft

The gaseous layers [on Doomsday]

What is Doomsday?

Another scientific miracle of the Quran: the finger prints

Formation of new planets

The Recent Global Heat Wave

Q:1 , Q:2 , Q:3 , Q:4 , Q:5 , Q:6 , Q:7 , Q:8 , Q:9 , Q:10 , Q:11, Q:12 , Q:13 , Q:14 , Q:15 , Q:16 ,

Q:17 , Q:18 , Q:19 , Question, Q:20 , Q: 21, Q:22 , Q:23 , Q:24 , Q:25 , Q:26 , Q:27 , Q:28 , Q:29 , Q:30 , Q:31, Q:32 , Q:33 , Q:34 , Q:35 , Q:36 , Q:37 ,

Q:38 , Q:39 , Q:40 , Q: 41 , Q:42 , Q:43 , Q:44 , Q:45 , Q:46 , Q:47 , Q:48 , Q:49 ,

Q:50

Books written by the interpreter

The End (of the book) 

The top

 

Preface by the Translator

 

The Quran is the word of God, which cannot be imitated by any creature. The Quran is the last heavenly scripture [after the Torah of Moses and the Gospel of Jesus], conveyed by Gabriel the angel, who revealed it to Prophet Mohammed, salam to him.

 

The reason for revealing the Quran in Arabic was that the prophet was an Arab, and his folk were Arabs, so it should be revealed in their language that they might understand it.

 

It is the miracle of Prophet Mohammed - Salam to him:  eloquent, including many scientific facts that have only been discovered recently; even some secrets have not yet been discovered; it is a cure for many psychological diseases; it is a blessed book that increases by the interpretation and explanation.

 

Its meaning is superior to generations and ages; because it is the word of God to which no addition or omission can occur. Therefore, it is impossible to translate the Quran literally, but only its meaning and interpretation may possibly be translated according to the understanding of the translator; i.e. another translator may translate the meaning in a better way according to his better understanding and better expression.

 

So, according to the instruction of the late Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible, I have preserved the Quranic revelations as they are in Arabic, and tried to translate the meaning to English, according to his interpretation.

 

I have kept the explanation of the (aya) between round brackets like these (  ), while I put the other additional words which further explain the meaning, between square brackets like these [   ].

 

Therefore, the Quran is in Arabic only; the words in English and in other languages are only the translation of the meaning, the explanation and the interpretation; but they are not the Quran

 

The interpreter of the Quran and the Bible, Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, in his Arabic book, cited some of the Arab poetry so as to confirm the meaning of the words of the Quran; and this poetry too has not been translated in this English book.

 

Moreover, he cited some ayat as a witness to the meaning of the Quran words, and some of such ayat also have not been cited in the English translation, because the meaning is already given in English, and because such citing of many ayat may increase the complexity of the meaning and understanding.

    

I ask God for His forgiveness, hope for His mercy, and seek after His good pleasure.

  

E. A. Nassir (the translator)

ea@quran-ayat.com   

 

 

 

Forward to the First and Second Arabic Editions

(In1 the name of God2, Most Gracious3, Most Merciful4)

[1 i.e. I begin the recitation in the name of God.

2 God be exalted is called in Arabic: Allah; in Hebrew: Jehovah or Yahweh; in English: God; in Persian: Khodah and in other languages may be named by different other names. He is the same our Lord and your Lord; He is the Lord of nations and worlds: the Creator, the Almighty and the Most Gracious.

3 i.e. Merciful to both believers and disbelievers, in this life of the World.

4 i.e. Merciful only to believers, in the Next Life.]

 

 

Praise is due to God Who created nations, and taught by the pen; taught man what he did not know, and revealed [by the angel Gabriel] the Quran including knowledge and wisdom. And salam is to Mohammed the best man among the Arab and the non-Arab.

I sought Gods help to write this book, and He led me to the way of the truth; I did my best seeking the good-pleasure of God, and He guided me to my reason and wisdom [and I hope to be admitted into Paradise in the Next Life.]

 

As regards my book, I have made it four parts:

                     In the first one, I have described the celestial bodies like the sun, the moon, the stars and the satellites; I have called it:

The Universe and the Quran

                     In the second part, I have described spirits, angels, genies [or demons], and the Day of the gathering-together and the Judgment; I gave it the title of Man after Death

                     I called the third part: Retorting the Atheist,

                     While, in the fourth part, I explained and interpreted the mysterious ayat (or revelations ) of the Quran, which none but God knows their meaning; I called this part :  The Ambiguous Quranic Revelations.

 

It will be followed by the interpretation of the Quran as a whole, which I have called: The Interpretation of the Revelation, that we shall publish, as soon as possible, if God pleases.

 

Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

[Died at 1991]

 

 

Introduction

 

I dwelt at Hilla, one of the Iraq provinces; I had a studio for photography, at the main street, in the center of the city, near the intermediate school for boys; I was a photographer and most of the students of the school, the intermediate and the secondary, used to take their photographs at my studio which they needed for their school certificates.

 

I heard, from some of them, some words of atheism and disbelief, which annoyed me. Some of them asked about some Quranic revelations, mocking and laughing at them; that was because of their ignorance about the Quran and its interpretation.

 

These are some examples of their questions:

 

Question: We have learnt in the school that the sky is the space, and no material or solid layers above us, then how does God be exalted say in the Quran 13: 19

I.e. (He sends down from the sky [rain] water [which falls on the mountains], so that the valleys flow [with water] according to their measure1)?

[1 i.e. according to the measure or size of the mountains upon which the rain water falls.]

 

 

Question: We have learnt that the sun is stationary, and the earth rotates around the sun; then how does God be exalted say in the Quran 36: 37

I.e. (And the sun it runs to a fixed resting-place)?

 

And so on, their questions were as such; for this reason, I wished to compile a book about this subject, and to make it an answer to atheists  and a guide for the ignorant; I asked God to help me in writing this book, and to lead me to the way of the truth; I made my best seeking the good pleasure of God, so He enabled me to succeed in serving Him, as He be exalted said in His glorious Book [:the Quran] 29: 69

i.e. (And those who strive in Our [cause1], We will surely guide them to Our ways; and, certainly, God is [along] with the charitable2 [to the poor.])

[1 i.e. in Our way and for Our sake. 

2 i.e. We guide them to monotheism, and to follow the Torah, the Gospel and the Quran.]

 

 

Lastly, I thank God, for that He gave me of His surplus a lot, and made every difficulty easy for me.

  

        Mohammed-Ali Hassan al-Hilly  

                   [Died at 1991]

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE FIRST PART

 

 

About:

The Formation and Creation of Celestial Objects

 

 

 

 

 

The Sky (or Heaven)

   

At the beginning, we start by the sky or heaven; because it is the origin, and to it the final resort will be.

 

[Disproving the idea that the sky consists of one or more hard solid layers]:

Some people think that the sky is a hard material layer which fills the space, and that it is composed of seven layers, some of them consists of red hyacinth or ruby, some of them of white jewel, while another layer is of greenish jewel etc.

I say: the sky is the space and nothing else. Therefore, the Quranic revelation 13: 19 where God be exalted  says: 

i.e. (He sends down from the sky [rain] water), means: He makes the water fall down from the space; this is indicated by His saying be exalted in the Quran 34: 2

i.e. ([God] knows what [animal] goes inside the earth and what [animal] comes out of it, and what [birds] descend from the sky and what [flying animals] ascend through it [seeking after provision], and He is the Most Merciful, the Most Forgiving.)

  

Therefore, (and what [flying animals] ascend through it) gives a proof that the sky is not a hard material layer;

if it were a hard layer, then He might say: what [flying animals] ascend to it; but God be exalted said:      i.e. (and what [flying animals] ascend through it);

it means: while he is ascending, he is in the sky from the beginning of his ascension till he reaches to where he wants.

 

This is like His saying be exalted in the Quran 57: 4

I.e. (He [: God] knows what [animal] goes inside the earth and what comes out of it, and what [bird] descends from the sky and what [bird or animal] ascends through it; and He is with you wheresoever you may be; and God sees well all that you do.)

 

God be celebrated His praise said also in the Quran 30: 48

I.e. (It is God Who looses the winds, which will stir up [and collect] clouds; which He spreads in the sky as He pleases.)

  

So if there were solid layers above us, then He would say: And spreads them under the sky as He pleases.

 

Moreover, God be exalted said in the Quran 6: 126

I.e. (Whomsoever God desires to guide, He makes him rejoice in [accepting] the Islam; whomsoever He desires to lead astray, He makes his chest tight, as if he were engaged in ascending in the sky.)

 

In addition, He be exalted said in the Quran 17: 93

I.e. (Or you1 have a house decorated [with gold, like the house of Solomon], or you ascend up into heaven2 etc.)

[1 i.e. Mohammed salam to him. These were some of the miracles which the idolaters of Mecca arrogantly demanded of Prophet Mohammed in order that they might believe him.

2 i.e. in order to bring down a book from heaven, written in it that you, Mohammed, are a messenger from God, and that you had really ascended in the sky; we may then believe!]

 

 

Therefore, His saying be exalted   i.e. (or you ascend up into heaven), indicates that the sky or heaven is the space; because if there was a solid material layer then He would say: or you ascend to the sky or heaven.

 

The Arabic poetry includes some examples indicating that the word sky gives the same meaning.

 

Therefore, any word sky in the Quran (in singular) means the space, but when it comes in plural, it will have some other meanings that we shall explain in details in what follows, by the help of God be exalted and glorified.

 

 

The Heavens

 

We have just explained that every word sky or heaven, (in singular) in the Quran, means the space. I say that the space is not empty, but it contains gaseous layers, ethereal layers and material objects.

Then, every word   or heavens (in plural), in the Quran, means one of these three, and we shall explain each of them in details, with Gods help.

 

(1)  The Gaseous Heavens [the Firmament]

 

From NASA: heights of layers of the atmosphere

 

 

 

<

About the layers of the atmosphere: From NASA

 

 

["Layers of the Earth's atmosphere:

         The troposphere [: the air] is the first layer above the surface and contains half of the Earth's atmosphere. Weather [: the wind, the cloud, the rain] occurs in this layer.

         Many jet aircraft fly in the stratosphere because it is very stable. The stratosphere contains the ozone layer.

         Meteors burn up in the mesosphere.

         Aurorae occur in the lower thermosphere. The thermosphere is also where the space shuttle orbits." 

 

The images above, of the atmosphere layers, are according to the temperature patterns.]

 

 

Know then that the Earth was a sun, at the beginning, and it was a flaming object, from which the gases emerged to fill its atmosphere. Then, when its life ended, its surface became cold, so it was converted into an earth. Afterwards, it exploded, and became nine pieces, that started to revolve around a new sun.

 

We dont want to speak here about the Earth, but about the Firmament (or the gaseous heavens), and we shall explain afterwards about the formation of the Earth, in details.      

 

Now, as you know the Earth was a flaming object, so you can realize that the flame and smoke (i.e. gases) emerge from every flaming object. However, the gases are still emerging from the Earth; most of such gases emerge from volcanoes, petroleum wells, and mineral water springs.  

 

One of newspapers mentioned the following:

 

The Natural Gas

 

The gas emerging from the city of Findlay, of Ohio State in America, is estimated as sixty million cubic feet; and about forty millions from the neighboring cities. Most of this gas is utilized as fuel.

After starting to utilize the natural gas, people started to give their opinion about its origin, and the consequences of its extraction from inside the Earth. Some people said [according to their education at that time]: the Earth has an inner hollow, and that its hollow is full of this gas, which is the cause of its hanging in the space! Therefore, its extraction from inside the Earth is very dangerous; because if it becomes empty, it will be cracked and will be destroyed, and will fall from its place in the heaven!!!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------ 

[Collected by the translator:

Total world production of the natural gas:

"Total world production in 2000 was 2422.3 billion cubic meters. Production growth in 2000 was 4.3%, a significantly higher growth than the 1990-2000 annual average"

 

Total world production of the natural gas is steadily increasing year by year; in 2006 it reached 2779.8 billion cubic meters.

"World natural gas production is expected to grow in the future as a result of new exploration and expansion projects, in anticipation of growing future demand."

"Consumption of natural gas worldwide increases from 100 trillion cubic feet in 2004 to 163 trillion cubic feet in 2030 in the IEO2007 reference case.]

------------------------------------------------------------------ 

 

Therefore, the origin of the gaseous heavens is from the Earth itself, and they fill or occupy its atmosphere.

Similarly, each planet has its own seven gaseous layers.

 

God be glorified said in the Quran 65:12

I.e. (God [is He] Who had created seven [ethereal] heavens [in the ancient time], and [He then created, out] of the earth the equal [number of gaseous heavens.)

 

The interpretation: It is God Who had created seven ethereal layers in the ancient time, then He created the Earth, and created from the Earth seven gaseous layers.   

 

The gaseous layers, actually, are the blueness that we see in the sky. Whereas we cannot see the ethereal layers because the ether cannot be seen by material beings, but can [only] be seen by spiritual beings.

 

Therefore, the origin of the gaseous heavens is from the Earth: when the Earth was a flaming sun; and the emerging gases were in the form of smoke that was a mixture of seven gases. And because some gases are heavy, while some others are light; they started to separate from each other; because the heavy gas came down while the light gas went up, till they became seven layers: the first layer is the ozone gas [layer] about 25 miles away from us, the other layers came under it like the layers of the sulfur dioxide (SO2), the hydrogen, the helium and the rest of the gases. This is roughly speaking, for we cannot know those gases exactly because we are on the Earth and the gases are high up in the sky.

 

The indication, that the sky is gaseous, can be seen in the following Quranic revelation 41:11-12

.

I.e. (Then He tended to [build1] the sky and it had been smoke; He said to the [sky] and to the earth: "Come, both of you [to the gravitational force of the sun], willingly or loath." The two said: "We [all] have come obedient." And He separated them into seven firmaments in two days.)

[1 i.e. to make the layers of the gaseous sky distinctive and to build them, or to arrange them as successive layers.]

 

The interpretation:

 >> (Then He tended to [build] the sky) means: the sky of the Earth,

 >> (And it had been smoke) means the smoke that emerged from the Earth which was in fact a mixture of seven gases,

 >> (He said to the [sky]) i.e. the gaseous heaven

 >> (and to the earth, Come, both of you [to the gravitation force of the sun])

 >> (willingly or loath. The two said, We [all] have come obedient And He separated them) and made them

 >> (seven firmaments); i.e. He separated that smoke, and made it seven layers

 >> (in two days), i.e. within a period of two thousand years; that is because one day of the Next Life equals one thousands of our years.

 

Moreover, God be exalted said in the Quran 2: 29

I.e. (It is He Who has created for you all1 that is in the earth. Then aimed at [building2] the sky [of the earth], and fashioned them as seven heavens, and He is the All-Knowing about everything.)   

[1 the mountains, rivers, plants and cattle etc.

2 i.e. to separate the layers of the gaseous heaven, and to build it.]

 

It means: He fashioned seven gaseous layers after being one layer of smoke.

 

So the gaseous heavens are mentioned in the Quran in three ways:

a- One time, they are mentioned together with the Earth, but no and between them, but there will be

another word intervening between them; like the Quranic revelations 19: 90-91, when God be exalted said: 

.

I.e. (Because of it1, the [gaseous] heavens are about to crack, the earth split asunder [or break up to become meteorites] and the mountains fall down crushed [to be destroyed and dispersed]; for that they have attributed a son [or daughters] to the Most Gracious!2)

[1 i.e. their serious claim that God has a son or daughters.

2 The Most Gracious means: His mercy is for both believers and disbelievers, in the life of the World.]

 

The heavens, here, means the gaseous layers because He intervened between the heavens and the earth by many words: (are about to crack), then He mentioned the earth.

 

Moreover, God be exalted said in the Quran 31: 10

...

I.e. (He created the [gaseous] heavens without pillars which you will see [and know about in the future], and He cast on the earth firm [mountains], lest it sways irregularly with you )

 

The heavens, here, means the gaseous layers, because many words intervene between the heavens and the earth; i.e. (without pillars which you will see [and know about in the future], and He cast on).

 

In addition, God be glorified said in the Quran 31: 20

I.e. ( Have you, [Muslims], not seen that God has subjected to you what is in the [gaseous] heavens and what is in the earth, and has lavished on you His bounties, [both] apparent and unapparent.)

 

So the Lord be exalted has separated between mentioning the heavens and mentioning the earth by two Arabic words which are   i.e. (and what is in).

 

b- In the second form: the heavens are mentioned after the earth, e.g. God be exalted says in the Quran 20: 4

  

I.e. (The revealing [of the Quran] is from [God] Who created the earth and the high heavens.)

  

So, the heavens, here, means the gaseous layers because it is mentioned after the earth

 

God be exalted said in the Quran 35: 40

I.e. (Say: tell me your opinion concerning your associates whom you pray besides God; show me what [part] they created of the earth [as a whole], or have they any share in the [gaseous] heavens?)

 

The heavens, here, means the gaseous layers; because they are mentioned after mentioning the earth.

 

The Glorious Lord said in the Quran 39: 67

I.e. (And they do not esteem God as He should be esteemed, while the earth, all, will be in His grip on Doomsday, and the heavens will be rolled up by His right hand. Celebrated be His praise and exalted be He above what they associate [with Him as partners.])

 

And as such, any word heavens in the Quran mentioned after the earth, then God be exalted means the gaseous layers.

 

C - In the third type, the heavens will be mentioned alone without mentioning the earth with it, e.g. God be exalted says in the Quran 23: 17

I.e. (And We have created above you seven [gaseous] layers [for the dwelling of the genie]; and We are not heedless of creatures [neither of genies nor of humans.])

 

So the , here, means the gaseous layers and who dwell therein, i.e. genies.

 

And God be glorified says in the Quran 67: 3-4

.

I.e. ([God] Who has created seven stratified [gaseous] heavens; you cannot see any non-observance in the creation of the Most Gracious!

Then [look at the sky, your first look, and] turn your [eye-] sight again [to make sure]: Can you see any rifts [in the heavens]? [No, of course!]

Then turn your [eye-] sight twice [can you see seven gaseous heavens?] your [eye] sight shall return to you disappointed even though it be open-eyed.)

 

Therefore, the stratified heavens (seven in number) means the gaseous layers. And as such will the gaseous heavens be mentioned in the Quran.

This is as such, if it is mentioned in plural, but if it is mentioned in singular, i.e. sky or heaven, then it means the gaseous heavens or the space, whether or not it is mentioned together with the earth. And it makes no difference whether it is mentioned before the earth or after it; for in both cases it means the gaseous heavens, but it must be in singular.

 

An example of that is His saying be exalted in the Quran 21: 104

...

I.e. (The day when We shall fold the [gaseous] heaven [into a blend of gases or: smoke] as does the sijill [or the leather bucket used as a folder] fold [and blend] the 'writing-materials.'])

 

The heaven, here, means the gaseous layers.

 

God be exalted said in the Quran 10: 31

I.e. (Say [Mohammed, to these associaters and idolaters]:

"Who provides for you [with the rain] from the sky and [with the plant and fruit out of] earth?)

 

God said be exalted in the Quran 40: 64

I.e. (God is He Who has made for you the earth: a resting-place, and the sky: a structure [of gaseous layers one above another.])

 

Therefore, the heaven or sky, here, means the firmament or the gaseous heavens.

 

Question 2:

One may ask: We know that the air is a mixture of many gases like the oxygen and the nitrogen, then why dont these gases separate from each other, so that it also become many layers?

 

To answer this question we say: That is because of winds which move these gases and mix them with each other. And suppose no wind is present, then these gases will start to separate from each other and form layers. But, actually, the gaseous layers are above the oxygen or, more precisely, above the air, and no wind is present there to move these gases and mix them with each other.

 

[NB. The atmosphere includes the air and the gaseous layers or heavens; the gaseous heavens lie above the air and above the region of the cloud, which lies between the air and the gaseous layers or heavens; see the following lines The translator.] 

 

An example of that is the water: the running water will be crude and turbid, while the stagnant water will be clear.

 

God be exalted says in the Quran 2: 164 

I.e. (And in the changing of winds,

and in the cloud [that God] has subjected between the sky and the earth,

[there] are signs to people who understand.)

 

Here, God be exalted explained that the cloud is between the sky and the earth. So, the position of the sky is from the cloud up, while the position of the air is from the cloud down. Therefore, the wind belongs or is related to the earth but not to the sky.

 

 

(2)  The Ethereal Heavens

[The Kingdom of Heavens]

 

[For I tell you, that unless your justice abounds more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

[The Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew, chapter 5: 20]

 

The ethereal heavens are also seven, but on Doomsday they will become eight, and they even are in continuous increase; that is because when every earth is formed, there will form within it a spiritual earth, and when the material earth will be destroyed (when its Doomsday is due), that spiritual (or ethereal) layer will detach from the material one and will follow those seven ethereal layers.

  

We should also know that the formation of these layers was not at the same time, but they were formed from the successive destruction of seven [solar] systems. That is because each one of those seven spiritual heavens was the result of a complete solar system. Therefore, on Doomsday, they will become eight ethereal heavens.

 

God be glorified said in the Quran 69: 17  

I.e. (And above the [souls]1 , on that Day [of Doom], will eight [ethereal heavens] bear the throne of your Lord.)

[1 i.e. above those who are in the gathering-together for Judgment.] 

 

It means: Eight ethereal heavens will bear the Throne, on Doomsday; while today it is borne by seven ethereal heavens only.

 

Now, as we are speaking about the ethereal heavens, we have to define the ether; so what is the ether?

 

 

 

The Ether

 

Contemporary scientists have recognized the ether; they said that it fills the space, and that, without this ether, it is impossible for the planets to rotate in their orbits, but instead they will 'escape and be lost' in spite of the power of the gravity; because the ether is the carrier of these celestial objects.

 

God be exalted said in the Quran 36: 39

I.e. (But each [of the sun, the moon and the earth] is swimming along into a [specific] orbit.)

 

Of course, the swimming cannot take place unless in a liquid medium or what is similar to liquid such as the air and gas etc. So all the celestial objects swim in the ether.

 

This ether is very transparent like the air; its particles are far smaller and finer than those of the air; and for this reason, it cannot be seen by material creatures; moreover, it cannot be touched or perceived. But it is possible only for spiritual creatures (: angels, genies and human souls) to see, touch and perceive the ether.

 

The ether fills every space, and goes through or permeates the intermolecular spaces of all material objects. It permeates the cup and constructs an ethereal skeleton inside it, similar exactly to its shape, in a period of forty days, then when the material structure breaks up, the ethereal will not, and will never be destroyed afterwards; because its particles have been cohered or attached firmly to each other during this period, and will never separate afterwards. E.g. the ethereal particles will permeate a porcelain pot, and will form an ethereal skeleton inside it according to its shape. In this respect, there is no difference between the porcelain or the copper pot, and no difference between pots, utensils, jewels, trees, plants and other material objects; because every material object has much many intervening spaces inside it. Therefore, the ether will enter in those spaces, and construct a structure similar to its shape.

 

God be exalted said in the Quran 18: 31

  ...

I.e. (Those [righteous believers] will have Seven Gardens [in the neighborhood of their Lord]; rivers will flow below them1.

Therein they will be adorned with [ethereal bracelets that issued] from bracelets of gold, and will wear green garments [issuing] from fine silk, and from silk brocade etc.)

[1 i.e. below the trees of the Garden.]

 

The interpretation:

>> (with [bracelets issuing] from bracelets of gold) means: the ethereal bracelets which had [in the life of the World] been formed inside the gold bracelets.

 If He be exalted had meant by that the same gold bracelets, then He would have said: adorned with gold bracelets.

>> (and will wear green garments [issuing] from fine silk) means: the ethereal garments that issued from the silky garments.

 

 

God be glorified said in the Quran 22: 23

I.e. (God shall surely admit those who believe and do righteous deeds into Gardens with rivers flowing [below their trees]1 rivers flow; therein they shall be adorned with [ethereal] bracelets [issued] from gold [bracelets] and [they shall also be adorned] with pearls, and their raiment therein shall be [of] silk.)

[1 i.e. under or below the trees of the Garden.]

 

Also, God be glorified said in the Quran 56: 51-52 about the dispraise of disbelievers:

.

I.e. ("Then, you: the erring, the deniers!"

"You will surely eat out of [ethereal] trees [formed] from the Zaqqum.")

 

It means: of ethereal trees that issued from the Zaqqum trees of this material World; the Zaqqum is some kind of thorn.

 

However, if you know that every ethereal heaven had issued from a solar system, then you will also know that seven solar systems preceded our solar system, and this last is the eighth one.

You will also know that eight suns preceded our sun, and this last is the ninth; because every sun will change into an earth after its death.

 

In the Quran, the spiritual (ethereal) heavens are mentioned in two ways:

>> One time it is mentioned before mentioning the earth, and here there should be no and between the words heavens and the earth.

>> And another time, it will be mentioned alone without mentioning the earth with it.

 

An example of that is His saying be exalted in the Quran 17: 44

  

I.e. (The seven [ethereal] heavens and the earth [as a whole] and all those therein, do praise Him.

And there is not anything [having spirit] but hymns His praises)

  

Hence, the heavens here means the ethereal layers; because they are mentioned before mentioning the earth and there is no and between the two words. [In this Quranic revelation, the word  i.e. seven in Arabic is intervening between the heavens and the earth.]

  

God be exalted- said in the Quran 23: 86

I.e. (Say, Who is the Lord of the seven [ethereal] heavens, and the Lord of the Throne [of Glory] Supreme?)

 

The heavens here means the ethereal layers; for God be exalted has not mentioned them together with the earth, but mentioned them together with the throne; because the throne [ of the Lord] is over the ethereal heavens.

 

God be exalted  said in the Quran 53: 26

I.e. (And how many angels are in the [spiritual] heavens whose intercession avails naught, save only after God gives permission to whomsoever He wills [to be interceded for], and is well-pleased [about the one interceded for!])

 

The heavens here means the ethereal layers; for the earth is not mentioned with them, but the angels are mentioned; so that He be exalted explained that these heavens are inhabited by the angels.

 

And in the Quran 65: 12 God be highly exalted said:

I.e. (God [is He] Who had created seven [ethereal] heavens [in the ancient time], and [He then created, out] of the earth the equal [number of gaseous heavens;

the am'r [: the angels] frequently coming down throughout them [bringing the revelation to the prophets and apostles.]) 

 

The heavens here means the ethereal layers; because it is mentioned before mentioning the earth, and there is no and between them.

The Amr: This word is the name given to each kind of the spiritual creatures, like the angels and the human beings.

 

The interpretation of this Quranic revelation:

It is God Who had created seven ethereal heavens in the ancient time, and then He created the earth, and from the earth He created seven gaseous heavens; for God had created the ethereal heavens before did He create the earth by millions of years as we have just explained.

 

It is mentioned in the Psalms (Psalm 67: a psalm of canticle for David himself Douay Version 33-34)

Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth: sing praise to the Lord. Sing to God Who mounted above the heaven of heavens.

 

The word heavens here means the ethereal layers, and the heaven of heavens means the throne because the throne is over the ethereal heavens.

 

As regards His saying be celebrated His praise   i.e. (The am'r [: the angels] frequently coming down throughout them [bringing the revelation to the prophets and apostles.]) The Amr is an indication of spiritual creatures.

 

The interpretation: The spiritual creatures descend between the ethereal and gaseous layers. The spiritual creatures are: angels, genies and human souls (or spirits.) We shall explain about them in our book Man after Death

 

The ethereal heavens actually are the Paradise in which good souls dwell on the Day of Judgment, while today they are the dwelling place of angels.

 

However, the ethereal heavens bear the throne above them; they are called the Chair in the Quranic revelations where He said be glorified 2: 255     

I.e. ([The extent of] His chair equals [the vast extent of] the heavens and the earth [: the planets and the earth.])

 

Moreover, Jesus salam to him said to his disciples, as it is mentioned in the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew, chapter 5 : 20

For I tell you, that unless your justice abounds more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

 

It means: You shall not enter into Paradise, i.e. the ethereal heavens. The position of the ethereal heavens is in the space, where those dwelling therein see neither sun nor moon.

 

We have here mentioned something about the ethereal layers, and we shall mention more about them when we shall tell about Paradise in our second book Man after Death; and God is the Guide to the truth and righteousness.

  

 

The Throne

[The Heaven of Heavens]

 

[Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth: sing praise to the Lord. Sing to God Who mounted above the heaven of heavens.

[(Psalm 67: a psalm of canticle for David himself Douay version 33-34)]

 

The throne, too, is an ethereal layer; its position is above the paradises i.e. the ethereal heavens; for the heavens are the carriers of the throne, and it is smaller than them.

 

God be exalted said in the Quran 69: 17

I.e. (And above them on that Day [of Judgment], will eight [ethereal heavens] bear the throne of your Lord.)

 

It means: The throne of your Lord will be borne above people on Judgment Day, by eight ethereal heavens; because today they are seven, but on Doomsday they will become eight, and the eighth will issue from our present solar system.

 

God be exalted also said in the Quran 40: 7

...

I.e. (Those [inhabitants of the ethereal heavens] who bear the throne [of the Lord] and those [angels] around it celebrate the praises to their Lord, believe in Him [: God], and implore [God] for forgiveness to those who believe ...etc.)

 

Those who bear the throne are the angels. This does not mean that they really bear it, but they bear it only because it is above them, just as are we bearing the sky or the gaseous layers because they are above us. Likewise, the inhabitants of the ethereal heavens are bearing the throne because it is above them.

 

This means that the angels who are under the throne and those angels who are around the throne, all of them celebrate the praise of their Lord etc.

 

His saying be exalted  i.e. (and those [angels] around it) is an indication that the throne is smaller than the ethereal heavens.

 

God be glorified said in the Quran 39: 75

 

I.e. (And you [man, after entering into Paradise], will see the angels thronging round about the Throne, hymning the praises of their Lord. And justly the issue shall be decided between them [admitting disbelievers into Hell, and admitting believers into Paradise].

And it will be said [by the people of Paradise]: "Praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds [for all these bounties.]")

 

Therefore, (thronging round about the Throne) indicates that the Throne is smaller than the ethereal heavens.

 

The Throne, therefore, is the first ethereal layer formed from the first earth, created by God be exalted. At that ancient time, there was nothing under the throne except water vapor (which is called water in the Quranic revelation 11: 7; see below), and when God created a second earth, a second layer issued from it, which came to lie under the throne, and so on the third and fourth until they became seven ethereal layers (heavens) under the throne.

 

God be exalted said in the Quran 23: 86

I.e. (Say [O Mohammed, to the idolaters], Who is the Lord1 of the seven [ethereal] heavens, and the Lord of the Throne [of Glory] Supreme?)

[1 Lord means: possessor or owner.]

 

Question 1: You say that the Throne is an ethereal layer, then what is the meaning of the Quranic revelation 11: 7

...

 

I.e. (It is [God] Who created the heavens and the earth in six days [: six thousand years], and His throne had been upon the water [vapor] )?

 

Answer: The meaning of this is that before did He create the creation, His throne had been upon the water, i.e. the water vapor in the space; for at that time there were no ethereal heavens, and when He created them gradually one by one, He let His throne to be borne over the ethereal heavens. The water was in the form of vapor scattered in the space, a situation like what happens today to the rain; because water evaporates from the earth and goes up in the sky then becomes water and descends as rain.

 

Hence, the Throne at that time was above the water vapor scattered in the space, and when God created the ethereal heavens they became under the Throne, i.e. they bore the Throne above them.

 

 

 

(3) The Material Heavens [: the Planets]

 

 

<

 

Diagram 1 the Sun and its planets

[Showing: 

o    The planets are arranged away from the Sun, according to their sizes: the smallest is the nearest and the biggest is the farthest.

o    Sun rotates from right to left and drags all the planets making them rotate and orbit in the same direction: from right to left. The planets drag the moons and satellites to revolve around the planets from right to left; i.e. all the solar system move in this same direction.

o    The Asteroids occupy the orbit between Mars and Jupiter: some rotate around Mars and some around Jupiter; but they do not rotate around the Sun.

o    Pluto, being a satellite of Neptune but not a planet, rotates around Neptune, but not around the Sun

An explanation by the translator. ]                                                

                                                           

 

<

The planets of the solar system (from NASA)

[Notice that Pluto is not a planet, but is a moon of Neptune]

 

 

We mean by the material heavens: the planets or the wandering stars. However, we call them by this name (the material heavens); because we have just mentioned about the ethereal heavens, and the ether is different from the matter; and because we have just mentioned about the gaseous heavens, and the planets are not gaseous, but they are solid objects, and for this reason we mention it by the word (material) even though both are of matter.    

The material heavens are those known as: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and the rest. They are nine in number; in the Quran, they are mentioned together with the earth, so every Quranic revelation in which the heavens are mentioned together with the earth it means the planets, but on three conditions:

 

First The heavens must be mentioned together with the earth.

Second The heavens must be mentioned together with the earth directly.

Third There must be the word and between the heavens and the earth

 

So, if any Quranic revelation fulfills all these three conditions, then God be exalted means the planets.

 

(1) E.g. God be exalted said in the Quran 46: 3 

I.e. (We created not the heavens and the earth and [all moons, meteorites and meteors] that are between them save with the true [promise of destruction], and for a destined end.)

 

This Quranic revelation fulfills all the three conditions; hence the heavens here means the planets. Actually He mentioned the earth in particular, and gathered the rest of the planets by the word heavens because the address is to the people of Earth. Suppose that God be exalted addresses the people of Mars, then He will say: We created not the heavens and Mars save with the true [promise.]

 

Similarly, if He addresses the people of Venus, then He will say: We created not the heavens and Venus save with the true [promise.]

 

As regards His saying   i.e. (and [all] that is between them); it means: the moons and meteorites because they are situated between the planets.

 

So every Quranic revelation, in which the heavens are mentioned in this way, means the planets.

 

(2) God be glorified said in the Quran 21: 19

I.e. (All [the humans and genies] who are in the heavens and the earth belong to Him. And those [angels] who are in His [neighborhood in the ethereal heavens] are not [like you, associaters,] too proud to serve Him, nor do they regret [for the passing of time.])

 

So the heavens, here, means the planets as it is indicated from His saying:

i.e. (And those [angels] who are in His [neighborhood in the ethereal heavens] are not [like you, associaters,] too proud to serve Him); so He differentiated between those who are in His [neighborhood] from those who are in the heavens and the earth. He means, by His saying:

 i.e. (those who are in His [neighborhood]): the angels because they are in the ethereal heavens under the throne.

 

(3) And God be exalted said in the Quran 42: 29

I.e. (And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and what He has spread abroad therein of beasts [: creatures moving on these planets]; and He is All- Able to gather them if He wills.)

 

The heavens, here, means the planets as it is indicated from His saying be exalted

i.e. (and what He has spread abroad therein of beasts [: creatures moving on these planets]); for there is no moving creatures or beasts in the ethereal heavens. Likewise, in the gaseous heavens there are no moving creatures [or mobile, locomotive creatures or beasts], but the moving [or mobile creatures or beasts] are in the material heavens which are the planets.

 

(4) God be exalted said in the Quran 27: 60 

...

I.e. ([Is that which you associate with God better] or is He Who created the heavens and the earth, and sends down for you [rain] water from the sky,

wherewith We cause to grow delightful orchards etc.)?

 

So the heavens, here, means the planets, and the indication of that is His saying be exalted

i.e. (and sends down for you [rain] water from the sky), and by this He explained that the sky is different from the heavens because He separated between the word sky and the word heavens. He means by the word   i.e. sky, the space or the gaseous layers.

While the heavens means the planets because He has mentioned it together with the earth, and the meaning is: the heavens which are of the same kind as the Earth.

 

(5) The Lord God said also in the Quran 27: 65

 

I.e. (Say [O Mohammed]: "None [of genies and humans] in the heavens and the earth knows the fore-future except God [alone]; and they even perceive not [about] when they shall [die and] be sent forth [from their bodies to the Afterlife.]")

 

The heavens here means the planets; the indication of that is His saying be exalted-

i.e. (and they even perceive not [about] when they shall [die and] be sent forth [from their bodies to the Afterlife]"); because angels do not die and will not be raised or sent [from their bodies to the Afterlife, or from the earth to the congregation (or gathering-together) in the space on the Day of Judgment]; because they are ethereal, but the raising and the sending and gathering-together are for the mortals who inhabit the planets.

 

Till here, we finished talking about the sky and heaven; and God is the Praiseworthy and the Patron. 

 

Note:

Every Quranic revelation, in which the earth is mentioned before the heavens, means the earths: all of them, i.e. all the planets;

 

Examples:

(1) God be exalted says in the Quran 39: 67

I.e. (And they do not esteem God as He should be esteemed, while the earth, all, will be in His grip on Doomsday, and the heavens will be rolled up by His right hand!)

 

So the earth, here, means all of them, i.e. the planets as a whole.

 

(2) Similar to this Quranic revelation is another one where God be exalted says in the Quran 3: 5

I.e. (Surely, nothing in the earth j or in the heaven is hidden from God.)

  

The earth, here, means all of them, i.e. all the parts of the earth which had broken up or torn up into many pieces; they are the planets; because they had been one earth, and then it were broken up into many planets.

 

  

Definition:

Every word planet, mentioned in the Quran, means one of the planets of the solar system, and nothing else, like:

(1) His saying be exalted in the Quran 6: 77

 

I.e. (And when the night outspread over him, he saw a planet [: Venus]; he said: This is my Lord. But when the [planet] set, [Abraham] said: I love not the setters.)

  

The "planet", here, means Venus, which Abraham saw at night.

 

(2) Moreover, God be exalted said in the Quran 12: 4

 

I.e. (Behold, when Joseph said to his father [Jacob]: "Father, I saw [in a dream] eleven planets and the sun and the moon; I saw them prostrating themselves to me.")

   

The planets means the planets [of the solar system]; he saw them eleven because his brothers were eleven.

 

(3) God be exalted said in the Quran 82: 2

  

I.e. (And when the planets [shall break up into pieces that] shall be strewn about [in the space to be meteorites.])

 

The "planets", here, means the planets of the solar system, and the interpretation is: When the planets shall be broken up and their parts shall be dispersed in the space; this will take place on Doomsday. 

 

 

{A Conversation with the Author}

 

Question 3: You say that the sky means the space, then what is the meaning of His saying be exalted in the Quran 40: 64

 ...

I.e. (God is He Who has made for you the earth: a resting-place, and the sky: a structure [of gaseous layers], and shaped you [in the wombs] making your shapes fine )

 

And His saying be exalted in the Quran 51: 47

 

I.e. (And the sky We have built with surplus [from Us], and We are Open-handed more.)

 

The interpretation: God says that He has constructed the sky with His surplus; because He is Merciful to people, and He is still more Open-handed; because He is Generous.

   

Answer: To build means to collect the object and to compact its parts to each other. They say: The builder builds the wall, i.e. he collects the bricks and attaches them to each other by matrix. And the sky means the gaseous layers.

 

The meaning of this Quranic revelation:

And the gases, We have collected and packed, with Our surplus towards them and Our mercy to them; for if We let these gases at the surface of the earth, then their life will be impossible, but they will rather suffocate and die.

 

Therefore, We have lifted these gases with Our mercy, and packed them in layers with Our surplus, so We have made the oxygen and nitrogen in the air for their inspiration and many other benefits; nevertheless, We have lifted the suffocating and harmful gases with Our mercy and surplus, and We are still more Open-handed with profuse favors and grace of God; as He says be exalted in the Quran 14: 34

I.e. (And if you would count the bounty of God, you cannot count it.)

 

 

Question 4: What is the meaning of His saying be exalted in the Quran 31: 10

...

I.e. (He created the [gaseous] heavens without pillars which you will see [and know about in the future] )?

 

Answer: When the Arabs want to erect their tents, which are made of goat hair, they lay the pillars down on the earth, and put the tents over them and tie the ropes and fix them to the ground, then they pull the ropes from the other side, so that the pillars will stand up and the tent will be raised with them.

 

This is a parable from God be highly exalted the explanation of which is: Your tents, even though they are small in size and low in height, cannot be erected without pillars; whereas the sky, even though it is very wide and high, He has lifted it without pillars; He created it with His wisdom, and lifted it with His unlimited ability, and He is not in need of any assistant to do all that.

 

[Moreover, it indicates there are invisible pillars, which they will know about their existence, in the future.]

 

Question 5: What is the meaning of His saying be exalted in the Quran 22: 65

 

I.e. (Have you [man] not seen how God has subjected to you [people] all [the plant and animal] in the earth, and the ship run on the sea with His decree, and He holds back the sky from falling down upon the earth1 save with His leave; surely, God is All-Compassionate [and] Most Merciful to people)?

[1 as will it do on the Last Day, just before Doomsday.]

 

Answer: The sky, here, means the gaseous layers.

 

I.e. God be exalted holds back the gaseous layers and prevents them from falling down on the earth, and if this occurs then all people will die and perish because these gases are suffocating and harmful to the health of people. The proof of this is His saying be exalted

  

i.e. (Surely, God is All-Compassionate [and] Most Merciful to people.)

  

So the explanation of this Quranic revelation is that: God, with His mercy made these suffocating and poisonous gases light in weight in order to rise up in the sky so that they would not do harm, until before Doomsday; because at that time they will come down to the ground.

 

This is understood from His saying be exalted   i.e. (save with His leave) which means: save before Doomsday, when God be exalted will let these gases fall down and so they will fall down on the ground and mix with each other, because of the upset of the celestial system, and become like smoke; however, at the start of its formation, the sky was like smoke.

 

This is understood from His saying be glorified in the Quran 21: 104

I.e. (As We began [its] first creation will We bring it back again a promise [binding] upon Us; surely, We are going to perform it [as did We before.])

 

Question 6: Then what is this variation in the word heaven, so that one time it means the ethereal layers, another time it means the gaseous layers, while still other times it means the planets of the solar system?

Answer: Everything above you is called sky, and every high place is called sky in the Arabic language.

 

[This is very obvious in the Arab poetry, some of which is mentioned by the late Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible, in his Arabic book.]   

 

                            

The Planets

(The Wandering Stars)

 

The planets receive their light from the sun, and if the sun rays had not reached the planets, then they would have become dark.

 

With our unaided eyes, we can see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. The ancient people discovered these planets as did they see them wandering in the sky field in contrast to the rest of the stars; and for this reason they called them the wandering stars.

 

Astronomers discovered Uranus at 1780, Neptune at 1848 and Pluto at 1930. The planets are nine, including the Earth; and including also the planet of the Asteroids which was broken into many asteroids or planetoids, which started to revolve around Mars and Jupiter. Some of these asteroids have a diameter of one or two miles.

 

In addition, astronomers discovered many moons for Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune.

  

Astronomers, however, think that Pluto is a planet, but I say it is merely a moon of Neptune, and actually it is not a planet.  

 

[I saw this published in the 1955 Arabic edition of the book. I don't know whether it had also been mentioned in the 1947 edition or not. Read, also, the question about Pluto Q: 7 and its answer on the following few pages The translator.]

    

 

Day and Year of the Planet

 

The planets revolve around the sun, in a specific orbit for each of them, and at varying distances away from it.

 

The day of a planet is the time during which the planet will complete its rotation around its own axis.

 

And the year of a planet is the time during which it completes its revolution around the sun; the year of Earth is 365.25 days.

 

 

The Planets Have Satellites and Moons

 

The planets have some satellites circling around them, exactly as do the planets themselves circle around the sun. Earth has only its single Moon, while there isnt any satellite for Mercury and Venus. The satellites, even, are numerous for the planets that are far from the sun, because these planets are of larger size than the planets that are near to the sun.

 

In this respect, Mars has two moons, Jupiter has twelve moons, and Saturn has ten; Saturn is characterized by its rings. Uranus has five satellites, and Neptune has two.

 

[Later they calculated sixteen satellites for Jupiter; more satellites were discovered for Saturn; they calculated sixteen satellites for Uranus; and eight satellites for Neptune, in addition to Pluto as a moon of Neptune. The translator. ]

 

 

The Atmosphere of the Planets

 

The atmospheres of the planets are different from the atmosphere of Earth. Actually, none of them has an atmosphere that is identical with the atmosphere of Earth. The gases in these planets, even, are different; for they consist of carbon-dioxide, nitrogen, hydrogen, ammonia, methane and other gases.

 

While as regards to our Earth, its air is known; most of it is of nitrogen and oxygen, and it has carbon-dioxide and water vapor, while some other gases are found in traces.

 

 

 The Light and Temperature on the Planets

 

The planets receive their light and heat from the sun. Hence, the side to which the sun-rays cannot reach, is cold and dark. The planets nearer to the Sun are very hot, while the temperature of Earth is optimal or temperate. The farthest the planet is from the Sun the more the temperature will drop down. Therefore, Mars is less hot than Earth, and so on the more the planet is far from the sun, its surface is colder.

  

 

Distances of the Planets from the Sun by Millions of Miles

 

 

The Planet

Its Distance Away From Sun

Mercury

36       million miles.

Venus

67       million miles.

Earth

93       million miles.

Mars

141.5  million miles.

Jupiter

483     million miles.

Saturn

886     million miles.

Uranus

1783   million miles.

Neptune

2792   million miles.

 

[From Al-Araby magazine and its present (The Sun and its planets)]

 

 

The planets are inhabited

  

The planets are earths like our Earth. They contain mountains, seas, rivers, trees, gardens and other things present on our Earth. They include also animals and some intelligent human beings who worship and serve God.

 

[The existence, on the planets, of intelligent beings: humans and genies]

(1) The indication of that is His saying be exalted in the Quran 30: 26

 

I.e. (To Him belongs [as a slave] whosoever is in the heavens and the earth. All are devoutly submissive1 to Him.)

[1 Exactly, it means they are inclined towards God only, and avoiding those other than Him.]

 

(2) God be exalted said also in the Quran 13: 16

I.e. (All those in the heavens and the earth prostrate themselves to God, willingly or unwillingly; so do their shadows [give witness to their prostration], day and night.)

 

(3) Moreover, God be glorified said in the Quran 17: 55

 

I.e. ([O Mohammed] your Lord knows best about [the deeds of] all those who are in the heavens and the earth), and we have said that the heavens and the earth means the planets.

 

(4) In addition, God be glorified said in the Quran 19: 93-95

. .

I.e. (None is there in the heavens and the earth but he [following his death] will come to the Most Gracious as a servant.

Surely, He has counted and enumerated them [one by one.]

And each one of them will come to Him on the Day of Judgment, desolate.)

 

(5) And the Glorious God said in the Quran 23: 71

...

I.e. (But if [God] the Just were to follow their desires [about the intercession], surely the heavens and the earth and whosoever [living being] is therein would have been corrupted )      

 

[The existence of the plant on the planets]

Moreover, God be exalted said in the Quran 27: 25

I.e. ("Will they not prostrate themselves to God Who brings forth what [plant] is hidden [under the soil] in the heavens and the earth, and knows what [secrets] you hide [within yourselves] and what you proclaim?")

 

The hidden means the plant because the seed is hidden under the ground, then it will come out as a plant.

 

[The existence of animals and man on the planets]

(6)In addition, God be glorified said in the Quran 42: 29

 

I.e. (And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and what He has spread abroad therein of beasts [: creatures moving on these planets], and He is All-Able to gather them if He wills.)

 

(7) God be exalted said also in the Quran 55: 29

 

I.e. (Whosoever is in the heavens and the earth begs of Him; every day [their begging] is for [a new] one of [their] affairs.)

 

God be exalted also said in the Quran 59: 24

I.e. (All [birds and beasts] that are in the heavens and the earth glorify Him; He is the All-Mighty, the Most Wise.)

 

However, there is a large number of Quranic revelations, other than these just mentioned, which indicate that the planets are inhibited.

 

 

 

[The mistake of Astronomers about Pluto]

<

A Hubble telescope image of Pluto and Charon.

[Both are almost moons of Neptune]

 

 

Question7: Astronomers say that Pluto circles around the sun opposite to the direction of the circling of the other planets; is this true?

  

Answer: I say that if Pluto was one of the planets, then it should be the biggest of the planets in size; because it is the farthest in distance from the sun than the rest of the planets, and it must circle around the sun exactly like the circling of the rest of the planets from right to left, then how could it happen that the circling of Pluto is in the opposite direction?

 

This is an obvious mistake; for the circling or orbiting of the planets around the sun is the result of the rotation of the sun around itself; so that it pulls the planets with it by the effect of its gravity, then how is Pluto different from the rest of the planets?

 

Moreover, should the size of Pluto be equal to half that of the Earth, then it is one of the satellites of the planets.

If it was one of the planets, then its position would be between Mercury and Venus; because it is bigger than the first and smaller than the second, so how it can be one of the planets while it is the farthest from the sun, and moreover its size is half the size of the Earth?

 

As regards to its circling, [Pluto] circles around Neptune just like how our Moon circles around Earth. And because the rotation of Earth around its axis is quicker than the circling of Moon around it, we see [apparently] the Moon circling from left to right, and as such is Pluto seen by astronomers, but the truth is opposite of that.

 

[A Comment by the translator To confirm the opinion of Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible, we know that the orbit of Pluto around Sun is fluctuant; i.e. one time it is nearer than Neptune to Sun, and another time it is farther; this confirms that it orbits around Neptune, so that one time it is nearer to Sun than Neptune is and other times it is farther; see the Diagram 1 the Sun and its planets.]    

  

[The Mistake of Astronomers about the Asteroids (1)]

They have mistaken as regards Pluto, and as regards the Asteroids too; for they said they are planets orbiting around the sun. Yes, the Asteroids had been one planet, and it was broken up, and those pieces of the destroyed planet became satellites, and the satellites orbit around the planets, not around the sun. [Therefore, some of them orbit around Mars, and the rest orbit around Jupiter. See the subject of the asteroids in the following pages.]

 

 

<

Picture of the Asteroid Vesta (from NASA)

 

However, that planet was inhabited, but its inhabitants were infidels and disbelievers; they disbelieved, rebelled and oppressed; so God destroyed their planet and took revenge on them. God be exalted said in the Quran 67: 16

 

I.e. (Do you [people] feel secure that [God] Who is in heaven may not cleave the earth with you, [as did He cleave another earth with its people before you], so that it then [shall] violently heave?)

 

The interpretation: Have you [people] taken security from the punishment and might of God? Arent you afraid that He may destroy your Earth, as had He destroyed an inhabited earth before you, then the pieces of that destroyed planet started to swim and move about, i.e. swim in the space, and none [of its inhabitants] survived alive, and as such will your earth be if He breaks it up.

 

Therefore, if it is right that they orbit around the sun, between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter, then they must be some of the comets, which are some flaming objects, and not planets.

 

[Comets do not circle around Sun, but they roam and move about in the space without order; see the subject of Comets The translator.]

 

 

Formation of the Planets

 

Know that the planets together with the Earth were one object, then it was broken up into nine pieces; one of those nine was our own Earth; the other eight planets were: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and the planet of the Asteroids which was later broken up.

 

That initial and ancient earth was a sun in the ancient times; but when its surface became cold, after the end of its life, it became an earth, then it burst, becoming nine pieces which started to circle around a new sun.

 

Hence, the planets are of the same kind as our Earth; their formation was simultaneous with the formation of the Earth: at the same time. They contain mountains and rivers as does our Earth contain; and the Doomsday of all of them will be simultaneously, because all the planets are attracted to the Sun by gravity, so when the life of the Sun will come to an end, it will crack exactly as had our earth [: the previous sun] cracked before and its planets will be broken up together with it.

 

God be exalted said in the Quran 21: 30

I.e. (Do not those who disbelieve know that the heavens and the earth [: the planets including the earth] were united [as one planet], then We split them up [into many pieces],

and We made of water every living thing [: the plant, animal and man]? Will they not then believe?)

 

The interpretation:

(were united [as one planet] then We shattered them); here in the language of the Quran, literarily, the exact words used are something like sutured and not sutured. I.e. they were one piece, then We cracked them and tore them up into many pieces; because the suturing is opposite in meaning to the unsuturing.

 

God be exalted said also in the Quran 6: 14  

...

I.e. (Say [Mohammed, to the disbelievers], Shall I take to myself as a Patron 1 [anyone], other than God, the Splitter of the heavens [: the planets] and the earth [after being one object]etc.)

[1 Or Master, Manager or Guardian.]

 

Here, (the Splitter of the heavens and the earth) means: the One Who cleft or broke them up after being one object.

 

And God be highly exalted said in the Quran 6: 79; telling about what Prophet Abraham said to his people:

I.e. ("I have turned my face to Him, Who split the heavens [: the planets] and the earth; I am being a Hanief 1 [: a monotheist], and not of those that associate [partners with God.])

 ..................................................................................................................

[1 Hanief: is one that follows Prophet Abrahams religion of monotheism, i.e. worshiping God alone, and in antagonism to idolatry. This is the same as the First Commandment written in the Tablets of Moses and the Gospel of Jesus: 

 

A It is mentioned in the Book of Deuteronomy, chapter 5: 7-9

7-You shall not have strange gods in my sight.

8-You shall not make to yourself a graven thing, nor the likeness of anythings, that are in heaven above, or that are in the earth beneath, or that abide in the waters under the earth."

 

B It is mentioned in the Gospel according to Mark, chapter 12: 29-30

29-And Jesus answered him: The first commandment of all is: The Lord your God is one God.

30-And you shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength. This is the first commandment.

 

And the following is in the Gospel according to Mark 12: 32

There is One God and there is no other besides Him.

 

C God be exalted said in the Quran 2: 163     

I.e. (Your God is One God; there is no god [in the universe] but He, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.)

 

And He be exalted said in the Quran 17: 23

I.e. ([O Mohammed] your Lord decrees, that you [people] must worship none save Him [alone.]) The translator]

..............................................................................................................................

 

God be exalted said in the Quran 17: 37 narrating the advices of Luqman: i.e. Tobias [to his son:]

I.e. (And walk not upon the earth exultantly; certainly you [man] will never tear the earth open, nor attain the mountains in height.)

 

Tearing the earth open means splitting it.

 

The interpretation: You cannot cleave the earth, so that you will be proud, or crack or tear it up into many planets that circle around the sun; but it is God Who cleft the earth and broke it up into many planets orbiting around the sun.

 

God be glorified said in the Quran 86: 12

I.e. (And the earth that [shall] break up.)

  

This is a description of the earth that it split at the start of its formation, and it will split at the end of its life, which will be on Doomsday.

 

Therefore, all these Quranic revelations prove that the Earth together with the planets were one object, which God split into many pieces; these pieces will also split on Doomsday.

 

[This also is the meaning of the word in the Arabs poetry, some of which is mentioned by the late Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible, in his Arabic book.]   

 

[N.B.: Some of the following questions and answers may now seem very simple; but at 1947 AD, at the time of writing the Arabic book by the late Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly: the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible, such information were mysterious and unknown to many people. Moreover, the interpreter explained this to people in general according to their different levels of education the translator.]

 

Question 8: If the planets are really earths like our Earth, and that they contain living beings, water, plant, mountains and other things; then why do we see them small in size to the extent that the size of anyone of them does not seem to be more than a hens egg?

 

Answer: It is evident to any thinking man that the farthest the object is from us, the smaller we see it, and the more the object comes nearer to us, the bigger in size we see it. Hence, as regards to the planets: we see them small because they are so far from us. Suppose that one of us was on Mars, then he would see the earth as a bright star.    

 

Question 9: If the planets are earths like our Earth, then what is this light that we see in them?

 

Answer: The planets, including the Earth, and together with the moons and meteorites, have no light of their own, but the light comes to them from the sun. In this respect, they are like a mirror placed in front of the sun. That is because these objects have water, rocks and sand, so when sun-rays fall on them, they will start like the mirror to reflect the light; however, this is a fact acknowledged by astronomers, and which none of scientists denies.  

 

 

 

Formation of the Earth

    

[3 saying, Return to dust, O sons of men.

4 For a thousand years in your sight are like a day ] - the Psalms 89: 3-4, A prayer of Moses]

 

[The Mistake of Astronomers and Geologists about the Origin of Earth:]   

 Some astronomers claim that Earth and the rest of the planets had fallen out of the sun in the form of sparks [following some explosions], then they got cold by time and became earths [or planets.] I say that this theory is wrong; because:

(1) If they were sparks as they claim then those sparks would not be nine only, but the formation of those sparks must be going on as time passes.

(2) Those sparks should be equal in size, or at least there should only be a little variation in size, then why do we see that Mercury is smaller than our Earth, while Jupiter is 1350 times bigger than Earth, as do they claim. (Whereas in my opinion, [Jupiter] is only 12 times bigger than Earth, and not more than that.)

(3) The sparks should be oblong, not spherical.

(4) A spark does not rotate around its axis, but it goes along floating in the space. Then how could the planets be on the contrary [i.e. they rotate around their axes, and move in their orbits around the sun]?

 

In addition, warm and flaming objects have a gravitational force, and they are in a continuous movement, i.e. they rotate around their axes from right to left.

 

Moreover, masses cannot separate from the sun, and from the planets, because of its rotation around its axis; and because of its gravity, its size will almost be kept as it is.

 

In addition, its rotation around its axis will prevent the separation of any mass from it.

 

I say that Earth did not separate from our present sun, but the Earth together with the rest of the planets were one sun, other than our present sun, and when its life ended, its surface started gradually to become cold, and in a period of two thousand years it got a cold crust; so that it was converted into an earth.

 

Obviously, gases emerge from the sun throughout its life, but when the earthy crust was formed, i.e. when its surface became cold, the crust prevented the emergence of gases, which started to collect inside it and exert pressure on the cold crust of that sun, and when the pressure of the imprisoned gases increased to a certain extent, [that sun] burst and became nine pieces.

 

And due to the presence in the space of other suns, those pieces were pulled by the gravity to the nearest sun to them [: our present sun], and they started to revolve around it. Then after the passing of years the surfaces of these pieces became completely cold, and they became earths [or planets.] And God be highly exalted created on these earths: living beings, mountains, water, trees and other things.

 

So our Earth is one of those nine pieces, and our Sun has the same course and fate exactly as the previous suns. That sun, whose life had finished, had planets also, but when it had broken up, its planets too broke up together with that sun, and they became meteorites. As such will our planets; they will break up and become meteorites, and that will take place when our Sun will break up.

 

The indication of that is His saying be glorified in the Quran 21: 30

...

I.e. (Have not those who disbelieve consider that the heavens and the earth were compacted [as one mass], then We shattered them etc.)

 

God be exalted said also in the Quran 41: 9-12                                                           

  . . . ...

I.e. (Say [Mohammed, to the idolaters]: Do you, then, disbelieve in [God] Who created the earth in two days, and do you ascribe to Him opponents? That is the Lord of [all] the worlds!

  

And He made [mountains] that landed upon it, blessed it, and apportioned therein its sustenance in four days; alike for those who ask [for their provision.]   

Then He tended to [build] 1 the sky and it had been smoke; He said to the [sky] and to the earth, Come, both of you [to the gravitational force of the sun], willingly or loath. The two said, We [all] have come obedient.

And He separated them into seven firmaments in two days etc.)

[1 i.e. to make the layers of the gaseous heaven distinctive, and to build or to arrange it in successive layers.]

 

The interpretation:

>> (created the earth in two days) means: in two thousand years; for one day of Gods days equals one thousands of our years, according to our days,

 

as it is mentioned in the Psalms 89: 3-4, A prayer of Moses:  

3 saying, Return to dust, O sons of men.

4 For a thousand years in your sight are like a day

 

The creation is the transformation from one thing [or form] to another; therefore, (Who created the earth in two days) means: He transformed it into an earth after being a sun, and that lasted a period of two thousand years; this is the time during which the surface of that sun became cold, that sun whose life had ended.

 

>> (and He made [mountains] that landed upon it); that which heavily landed upon the earth, are the mountains. This can be explained as follows:

That sun had been transformed into an earth after the cooling of its surface, then the meteorites started to fall down on it to become the mountains. Therefore, most of the mountains on the earth surface were originally meteorites.

 

>> (and blessed it) means: He increased its size, and that was by many factors:

 

First: The crust of the earth started gradually to be colder more and more; so this increased its thickness.

 

Second: The falling down of meteorites upon it increased its mass and volume.

 

Third: The falling down of minute particles upon it (these are the fine particles that we see in a beam of sun rays entering a dark room through a window.) The origin of these particles is from the meteorites which were broken up after their Doomsday, so that their parts scattered in the space.

 

Fourth: The metals increased its volume and size by combination with other elements, e.g. the oxygen may combine with iron, so it will increase its volume, and ferric oxide will result; and carbon dioxide combines with calcium forming calcium carbonate; and nitrogen combines with sodium and potassium resulting in sodium nitrate and potassium nitrate; and so on gases combine with most of the metals to increase their volume, and by this way the Earth size goes on increasing with the passing of time and years.

 

>> (and apportioned therein its sustenance) means: He made the fall of rain upon it, and created the plant, trees and animals; to be as sustenance and provision for man; in other words: He apportioned these things as sustenance for man when He would create him on Earth; because He be exalted had created these things and prepared them for man before did He create him upon it, exactly as had He created the breast of the woman before did He create the fetus in her womb.

 

>> (in four days) means: He created all these things during a period of four thousand years; so the total is six thousand years; because the cooling of the Earth lasted two thousand years, as He said be exalted in the Quran 32: 4

...

I.e. (It is God Who created the heavens and the earth and what [moons] are between them in six [of the] days [of the Next Life.] Then He mounted the throne )

 

The heavens and the earth means the planets [including the earth.]

 

Similar to these Quranic revelations is His saying be exalted in the Quran 79: 27-33

. . . . . .

I.e. (Are you, [associaters, who deny the sending to the Next Life] the harder to [re-]create, or is the sky that He did construct [making it seven layers?]

 

He raised its high [layers1 and lowered its low layers], and arranged them [into seven layers.]

 

And darkened its night [by the setting of the sun], and brought forth its day [by the sun light.]

 

And afterwards, He increased [the thickness of the cold crust of] the earth.2

 

[And He] produced, from the [earth], the water thereof and the pasture thereof.)

[1 i.e. He lifted up the light gases; because of their lightness.

2 to become suitable to be inhabited.]

  

In fact, He related the night and day to the heaven as seen here: (And [He] darkened its night [by the setting of the sun], and brought forth its day [by the sun light]); because the sun rays fall on the gaseous layers, and the gases reflect these rays to the earth.

 

Moreover, God be glorified said in the Quran 50: 7

I.e. (And the earth have We supplemented [with dust particles, meteorites and gases], and cast on it [mountains] that heavily landed, and planted on it of every pleasant kind [of plant.])

 

[The interpretation:]

>> (And the earth: have We supplemented [with dust particles, meteorites and gases]) means: He supplemented it with water, dust particles and gases; and, by doing so, its size became larger.

This is similar to His saying be exalted in the Quran 41: 10

i.e. (and blessed it.)

This is similar also to His saying be exalted in the Quran 79: 30

 

i.e. (And afterwards, He increased [the thickness of the cold crust of] the earth)

 

The Arabic word means supplying or supplementing that is to give something in profuse amount and continuously. This is what the word in Arabic literarily means, like His saying be exalted in the Quran 17: 6

         

I.e. ([We shall] aid you with wealth and children etc.)

 

[This also is the meaning of the word in the Arab poetry, some of which is mentioned by the late Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible, in his Arabic book.]   

 

Moreover, God be exalted said in the Quran 15: 19

I.e. (And the earth: We supplemented, and cast on it heavily landing [mountains], and planted on it of every precisely measured thing.)

 

In addition, God be glorified said in the Quran 13: 3

I.e. (And it is [God] Who supplemented the earth, and made [mountains] to land thereon1, and [made therein] rivers; and of every fruit He made, there, two spouses2 [: male and female.])

[1 i.e. firm mountains that settled or landed upon the earth, after being meteorites in the space.

2 or two kinds.]

  

Therefore, all these Quranic revelations are alike in meaning, but different in the words.

 

Question 10: God be exalted said in the preceding Quranic revelation 79: 31

 

I.e. ([And He] produced, from the [earth], the water thereof and the pasture thereof.)

  

Now, the question is: Doesnt the water fall down from the sky as rain? And the Earth was a flaming object, then how could water come out of the fire?

  

Answer: Anyone, who studied chemistry, knows that the water is a combination of oxygen and hydrogen, and we said that these gases emerged from the Earth, and then from their combination by an electric current, water resulted. Therefore, the origin of the water is from the earth; it evaporates by the heat of the sun, and ascends in the sky, then it becomes rain, because of the coldness there, and falls down again, on the earth.

 

Question 11: God be exalted said in the Quran 39: 67

I.e. (And they do not esteem God as He should be esteemed, while the earth, all, will be in His grip on Doomsday, and the heavens will be rolled up by His right hand.

Celebrated be His praise and exalted be He above what they associate [with Him as partners.])

  

Now the question is: What is the meaning of His saying be exalted  

i.e. (While the earth, all, will be); in spite of that the earth is only one? And suppose that there are many earths in the universe, then He should say: While the earths, will be [but] His handful on Doomsday.

 

Answer: His saying be glorified   i.e. (while the earth) means all the planets, and for this reason He said 

     

i.e. (all, will be in His grip on Doomsday)

It means: the destroyed earth which became planets, all, will be His handful on the Day of Doom.

Example: if you buy a melon for ten dollars, then somebody asks you: How much did you pay for it? Then it is not correct to say: All of it costed ten dollars; because it is one melon, and no need to say (all of it.)

But if you divide it into nine pieces and somebody asks you: How much did you pay for it? Here you can say: All of it costed ten dollars; and that is to prevent him misunderstanding that you bought only one part of it for ten dollars.

Therefore, as such is His saying be exalted

     

i.e. (while the earth, all, will be in His grip on Doomsday.)

 

Question 12: Is not God the Owner of everything, and is not the earth His handful, and at His disposal and under His control at any time? Then why did He restrict that to Doomsday?

 

Answer: Because there are many living beings today on the earth; some of them may own a house or a factory or an immovable property. But when Doomsday comes on, none will remain owning anything on the earth except God the Lord; because all people will die on that day, and none will remain upon the surface of the earth; like His saying be exalted in the Quran 40: 16 

 

I.e. ([God will say: O man,] to whom is the ownership this day? [The angels and people in the gathering-together will say:] [It belongs] to God, the One, the Dominant.)

 

Question 13: God be exalted said in the Quran 10: 99

I.e. ([O Mohammed,] if your Lord had willed, all those in the earth as a whole would have believed. Then can you compel people to become believers?)

  

Then why does He say:   i.e. (all those in the earth as a whole would have believed), while one word only, i.e. all, is enough?

  

Answer: The word all is related to the word those, while the word as a whole is related to the earth.

 

The interpretation: All those who are in the planets would have believed; which is like His saying be exalted   

     

I.e. (while the earth, all, will be in His grip on Doomsday)

 

 

The Gravity

 

Question 14:  You claim that the planets are earths like our Earth, and they are scattered in the space circling around the sun, and because of their circling the four seasons: summer, winter, spring and autumn issue; then how do these objects orbit around the sun, and do not escape into the space?

 

Answer: The sun has a gravitational force that attracts these celestial objects (the planets), and prevents them from escaping into the space.

 

God be glorified said in the Quran 35: 41

 

I.e. (Surely, God holds the heavens and the earth [with the gravity power of the sun]; in order that they escape not [from it and scatter in the space]; and if they were to escape [the gravity of the sun], no one else than He could hold them. He is Ever-Clement [and] Most Forgiving.)

 

The interpretation:

>> (God holds the heavens and the earth) means: He grasps the planets and the earth by the gravity of the sun,

>> (that they escape not [from it and scatter in the space]) means: lest they should slip away from the sun, and scatter into the space.

>> (and if they were to escape [the gravity of the sun]) as did they in the past when the sun and the planets burst up, and as will they do on Doomsday,

>> (no one else than He could hold them) means: Could anyone apart from God hold them back?

So when the previous sun and the previous planets exploded on the previous Doomsday, could anyone other than God hold them from escaping in the space; that is because God held them with the gravity power of the present sun.

And that is because if the planets escape the gravity of the sun, they will break up and become meteorites, then they will be attracted to the newly formed planets; because our sun will break up, on Doomsday, into planets; for this reason, God be exalted- said:

 

I.e. (No one else than He could hold them.)

 

The meaning: If the planets escape from the gravity and break up, then God be exalted will hold these pieces by another gravitational force.

 

The reason for the slipping of the planets from the gravity of the sun on Doomsday is that the sun will break up and its parts will scatter in the space.

 

Consequently, when it will break up the planets will also break up together with it; that is His saying be exalted in the Quran 82: 2 

 

I.e. (And when the planets [shall break up into pieces that] shall be strewn about [in the space to be meteorites.])

 

The interpretation: They will break up and their parts will disperse in the space; because they will become meteorites.

 

God be glorified said in the Quran 41: 11

   

 I.e. (Then He tended to [build] the sky1 [of the earth] and it had been smoke; He said to the [sky] and to the earth: "Come, both of you [to the gravitational force of the sun], willingly or loath." The two said: "We [all] have come obedient.")

[1 i.e. to make the layers of the gaseous sky distinctive, and to build or to arrange it in successive layers.]

 

The interpretation: The sky here means the gaseous layers,

>> (He said to it) means: to the sky,

>> (Come, both of you) to the gravitational force of the sun.

>> (willingly or loath. The two said, We [all] have come obedient.); that is because the gaseous layers are attracted to the earth, i.e. every planet has its gaseous layers attracted to it; so that wherever the planet goes the gases [go] with it.

 

Question 15:  Why has God be exalted said:

 

i.e. (We [all] have come obedient); [in Arabic the word gives a plural implication], after saying i.e. (The two said); in Arabic it indicates the dual (: two or pair)?

 

Answer: Every word earth, mentioned in the Quran, unaccompanied by the word heavens, and there is not and in between them, then God be exalted means the planets, all [of them], because they were, at the start, as one earth, then it broke up, e.g. His saying be exalted in the Quran 39: 67    

 

I.e. (while the earth, all, will be in His grip on Doomsday)

 

And God be exalted said in the Quran 35: 40

 

I.e. (Say: "Tell me your opinion concerning your associates whom you pray besides God; show me what [part] they created of the earth [as a whole], or have they any share in the [gaseous] heavens?)

 

The interpretation:

The earth here means all of it, i.e. all its parts, i.e. all the planets.

>> (what [part] they created of the earth [as a whole]) means: Which object of them did they create? Did they create Mars, which is part of it? Did they create Venus, Saturn or the other planets which are parts of that earth that had broken up?

>> (or have they any share in the [gaseous] heavens?) It means: Have they any share in the gaseous layers, so that they together with Me created the layer of the ozone, the helium, the sulfur dioxide or the rest of the gaseous layers?

 

Therefore, if they know and understand that God Himself created the planets and their gaseous layers, then why will they worship idols? And why will they not admit that God is One, particularly in their worshipping and servitude?

 

In summary: God be exalted means here the earth before its destruction and breaking up. Also, He means by the sky: before its separation into layers; for He said 

 

i.e. (and it had been smoke). And because the earth was one, and the sky, too, was one, He mentioned them as a pair, as does the Arabic word indicate, so He said:

 

i.e. (The two said) which means: God had said to them before were they divided; then they divided and answered:

 

i.e. (we [all] have come obedient); because the earth became nine pieces, and the sky became seven layers. So it is correct then that they would answer in plural, as the word in Arabic indicates. The meaning is: They did as their Lord ordered them, so they divided and said (we [all] have come obedient.)

 

Therefore, His saying be exalted

   

i.e. (Come, both of you, willingly or loath.) explains that God be exalted decreed on them two orders: the first was their obedience to the gravity, and that was willingly, so the sky was attracted to the earth, and the earth was attracted to the sun; the second order was their division which was by loath; so the sky divided into seven layers, and the earth divided into nine planets. This second order, they accepted unwillingly, but they did as had their Lord ordered and they did not refuse, so they said: (we [all] have come obedient.)

 

Question 16: How can the sun attract the Earth together with the rest of the planets by the gravitational force, while it appears, to our sight, smaller in size?

 

Answer: The sun is many many times larger than the earth, but because of its far distance from us, we see it small in size; for the earth together with the rest of the planets and moons, all were as one sun, and when its life ended, it became an earth, then it broke up, so that moons and planets resulted. However, astronomers have estimated the volume of the sun to be more than million times that of the earth.

 

                          

 

 



  Next 

Home page